Friday, August 10, 2007

Pre-Departure Blues

OK, my good budy, Wendy Campbell, has talked me into starting up a blog. I'm not sure I'll continue with this madness-- or even whether I'll have opportunity so to do-- but at least I can add some first-attempt information.

I don't have a ticket yet, but the Church hierarchy in Nashville (the U.Meth. Vatican) has promised to mail me one. This could create problems, but who knows!

I have a huge amount of stuff to pack. This includes computer, live traps, radio-telemetry gear, PowerPoint presenter, and a computer Bible. I hope I can also take my "teaching rifle," but that depends on the BATF, with whom I need to make contact.

My left hand is shaking occasionally because I really am nervous about this trip. Wendy has assured me that, out of desperation, students in Mutare are already eating dogs. I am afraid that, by the time of my arrival, only the oldest, stringiest (and wisest) dogs will remain so that I may starve. (Also, I have firmly resolved that I shall eat NO named dogs, regardless of hunger or social pressures.)

Anyhow, this is just a test post. Maybe I'll write more fascinating stuff, so check in occasionally.

Ab

2 comments:

Ab said...

Oh no.

Wendy said...

Have you seen any cute puppies, yet?